Alton City Council to meet for accounts audit
Members of the Alton City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 11.
The Alton City Council is charged with reviewing all of the city's ordinances and amendments, along with approving the city’s budget, expenditures and bid awards. Members meet at 7:30 p.m. every second and fourth Wednesday.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by the Alton City Council:
CITY OF ALTON
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
JULY 11, 2016
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Resolution, re: That East 4th Street between Langdon and George Streets be closed on
August 19, 2016, from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. to facilitate a Knights of Columbus
5. Resolution, re: The City Clerk was authorized and directed to advertise for sale surplus
real property identified as: 3100 Trumbell Ave., 600 Atwood St., 620 Atwood St.,
Gesche St., and l Linnet Ln. and that officials of the Dept. of Development & Housing
are hereby authorized and directed to convey title to the aforementioned surplus property
for the expressed consideration of $5,100.00.
6. Resolution, re: That beginning Friday, July 22, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. and
on Monday, July 25, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. the Alton City Hall located at
101 E. Third Street, Alton, Illinois will be closed to the public to allow for the installation
of the new computer software and that the City Clerk of the City of Alton shall post and
publish the attached NOTICE in the Telegraph and The Advantage and give notice
of same to all persons who have registered to receive notice of meetings with the City
Clerk’s Office of the City of Alton, Illinois.
7. Resolution, re: That the Mayor be and is hereby authorized to execute the attached
Temporary Construction Easement between the City of Alton (Grantor) and Union
Pacific Railroad Company (Grantee) for the purpose of construction related to the high
speed rail project.
8. Resolution, re: That the Redevelopment Agreement between the City of Alton, Illinois
and Alton Winnelson Co. be amended in Section II A so as to change the potential funds
provided to the developer in “Redevelopment Assistance” from $3,300.00 or 25% of the
total eligible project costs for the redevelopment project, whichever is the lessor amount
to $25,000.00 or 25% of the total eligible project costs for the redevelopment project,
whichever is the lessor amount as shown on the attached Redevelopment Agreement due
to the expanded scope of the project and the developers costs related thereto.
9. Bid Report and Resolution, re: 2016 MFT Concrete Repairs Sidewalk, Curb, and
10. Bid Report and Resolution, re: 2016 MFT Maintenance Material Proposal Alton, Illinois.
Group 1 – Hot-Mix Asphalt Surface Course.
11. Bid Report and Resolution, re: 2016 MFT Maintenance Material Proposal Alton, Illinois
Group 2 – Liquid Bituminous Materials (Prime Coat).
*If prospective attendees require an interpreter or other access accommodation needs, please contact the Alton City Clerk’s Office at 618-463-3522 no later than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the meeting to arrange the accommodations.
Organizations in this Story
101 East 3rd Street
Alton, IL 62002
101 E 3rd St
Alton, IL 62002-6239