Alton Committee of the Whole purchases truck
The city of Alton Committee of the Whole met Oct. 24 to purchase a Ford F250 truck.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the committee:
The Alton Committee of the Whole is responsible for reviewing and auditing all bills, considering property tax abatement for industrial firms and managing the Municipal Band. Meeting are held at 7 p.m. on Mondays preceding city council meetings.
CITY OF ALTON ALTON, ILLINOIS
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
OCTOBER 24, 2016
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Laid Over Resolution, re: That the mayor is hereby authorized and directed to execute the attached Intergovernmental Agreement between Madison County Mass Transit District and the City of Alton regarding the Alton Regional Multi-Modal Transportation Center.
5. Resolution, re: That the Mayor is hereby authorized and directed to execute the attached redevelopment agreement with The Brown Bag Bistro, LLC, pursuant to the terms of the Alton Tax Increment Finance Grant Program.
6. Resolution, re: The Alton Road Runners Club is sponsoring a road race in The City of
Alton and this road race will require the temporary closure of the eastbound lanes of McAdams Highway (IL. RTE 100), a State Highway in the City of Alton on November 26, 2016.
7. Resolution, re: That the Public Works Director be and is hereby authorized to purchase one 2016 Ford F250 Regular Cab 4x4 using State bid pricing, Contract #4018237, in the amount of $27,260.00 and the Public Works Department is also hereby authorized to trade in the following vehicle: 2003 Ford F450 (5-035), in the amount of $2,500.00 and that funding will come from the Treatment Plant Fund (1712/9760).
8. Resolution, re: That the City Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to publish the attached Notice of Sale of Real Property for three (3) consecutive weeks with the date of initial publication on or about October 28, 2016.
9. Resolution, re: That its officials and agents are hereby authorized to pursue appropriate legal action against such properties in the Circuit Court as listed below: 619-621 Ridge; 918 E 6th; 610 Anderson; 221 Brookside; 1925 Gross; 1910 Central; 1127 Highland; 3028 Glenwood.
10. Resolution, re: The City of Alton has received notification that a CMAQ Grant has been awarded to the City of Alton for the improvements to the entrance and exit of Gordon Moore Park which will in part establish additional turn lanes and be it resolved by the City Council of the City of Alton, Illinois that the expenditure of $24,800.00 from line item 1901-8030 of the current budget year for the costs as set forth above is hereby approved with payouts to be commensurate with project progress.
11. Resolution, re: The City of Alton has been granted federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) funds for improvements at the intersection of Park Road and IL Route 140 (entrance to Gordon Moore Park) and that upon receipt of the final version, the Mayor is hereby authorized to execute the “Local Public Agency Agreement for Federal Participation” between the Illinois Department of Transportation and the City of Alton for the above described project.
12. Resolution, re: The City of Alton has been granted federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) funds for improvements at the intersection of Park Road and IL Route 140 (entrance to Gordon Moore Park) and that the “Preliminary Engineering Services Agreement for Federal Participation” between Sheppard, Morgan and Schwaab Inc. and the City of Alton be and is hereby approved.
13. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2016 – 25, Asbestos Abatement at 3516 Hoover Drive, 1315 – 1317 State Street, 6 Knoll Drive and 2502 Krum Street for the Building and Zoning Department.
14. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2016 – 26, Demolition of 2421 Clawson Street, 240 West 19th Street, 2121 Country Club Drive and 306 West 13th Street for the Building and Zoning Department.
GARY FLEMING CHAIRMAN
*If prospective attendees require an interpreter or other access accommodations needs, please contact the Alton City Clerk’s Office at 618-463-3522 no later than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the meeting to arrange the accommodations.
Organizations in this Story
101 E 3rd St
Alton, IL 62002-6239