Glen Carbon board meets, approves ordinances
The Village of Glen Carbon board held a meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 14.
The Village of Glen Carbon is governed by a mayor and board who are elected at large by the people of the village. The mayor and board serve four-year terms.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the Glen Carbon board:
VILLAGE BOARD AGENDA FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2016 AT 7:00 P.M.
151 NORTH MAIN STREET GLEN CARBON, ILLINOIS
Meeting called to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Letters of Interest to the Board/Mayor’s Announcements
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUSLY REVIEWED MINUTES –MAY 24, 2016 AND EXECUTIVE SESSION MINUTES FOR MAY 24, 2016
CITIZENS WISHING TO SPEAK BEFORE THE BOARD
APPROVAL OF MONTHLY EXPENDITURES FOR MAY, 2016 THE 1ST MONTH OF
THE 2017 FISCAL YEAR IN THE AMOUNT OF $1,344,262.46
MONTHLY TREASURER’S REPORT
SWEARING IN OF POLICE OFFICERS – JOSHUA DANIELS AND CHRISTOPHER JOHNSON
SWEARING IN OF DETECTIVE GREGORY BOYER TO SERGEANT
1. Approval of Ordinance 2016-3 – An Ordinance Approving Changes in Zoning Classification of Certain Territory (Alfred and Peggy Buchanan) – David Coody – Building & Zoning Administrator
1. Approval of a Donation to the Edwardsville Glen Carbon Hamel Midway (EGHM) Foundation in the Amount of $1,000.00 for the Futures USTA Men’s Pro Circuit Tennis Tournament – Trustee Mary Beth Williams/Jamie Bowden, Village Administrator
2. Approval of the Application to Solicit Funds on a Public Way from the Glen Carbon Kiwanis on September 9th and 10th – Chief Link
3. Approval of Ordinance No 2016-17 – An Ordinance Ascertaining the Prevailing Wage Rate of Wages for Laborers, Works and Mechanic Employed in Public Works of the Village of Glen Carbon, Illinois – Attorney Schrempf
4. Approval of Resolution 2016-22 Authorizing the Purchase of Crack Sealing Equipment from PMSI in the Amount of $38,076.22 – Trustee Ross Breckenridge/Danny Lawrence, Public Works Coordinator
5. Approval of a Preventative Maintenance Contract for 2016/2017 from Cogent (Vandevanter Engineering) in the Amount of $22,201.00 for 2016 and 2017 – Trustee Ross Breckenridge/Danny Lawrence, Public Works Coordinator
6. Approval of Sewer Camera Video Inspection Proposal with Illinois Rural Water Association in the Amount of $12,166.40 – Trustee Ross Breckenridge/Danny Lawrence,
Public Works Coordinator
7. Approval to Purchase an ExMark Zero Turn Mower for the Public Works Department from Bi-County Small Engines Company in the Amount of $8,419.00- Trustee Ross Breckenridge/Danny Lawrence, Public Works Coordinator
8. Approval of Letter of Agreement with Edwardsville Township for the Purchase of a London Fogger in the Amount of $8,710.00 – Trustee Ross Breckenridge/Danny Lawrence, Public Works Coordinator
9. Approval of Bids Received for the 2016 MFT Program – Trustee Ross Breckenridge/Jamie Bowden, Village Administrator
10. Approval to Purchase a New Van from the State Bid List for the Building Maintenance Department – Trustee Mary Beth Williams/David Coody, Building & Zoning Administrator
11. Approval of an Amended Site Plan for Frye Chiropractic and Laser Center and Dental Professionals of Glen Carbon – David Coody, Building & Zoning Administrator
12. Approval of the Service Quote from St. Peters Grand Rental for Tables, Chairs and Tent in the Amount of $1,150.00 for the 2016 Homecoming – Trustee Steve Slemer, Liaison CEC
13. Approval of the Agreement for Laser Tag Services with Mission Ready – Trustee Steve Slemer, Liaison CEC
14. Approval of Updated 2016 Homecoming Vendor List – Trustee Steve Slemer, liaison CEC
Executive Session Pursuant to Sections 2C1 – Appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees; 2C5 – Purchase or lease of real property for use by the public body; 2C6 – Setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body, 2C11 – Litigation against or affecting or on behalf of the body when the same is pending or there is a specific finding that action is probable or imminent.