Waterloo City Council met July 17
Waterloo City Council met July 17.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Correction or Withdrawal of Agenda Items by Sponsor.
5. Approval of Minutes as Written or Amended.
6. Petitions by Citizens on Non-Agenda Items.
7. Reports and Communications from the Mayor and other City Officers.
A. Report of Collector.
B. Report of Treasurer.
C. Report of Zoning Administrator.
D. Report of Building Inspector / Code Administrator.
E. Report of Director of Public Works.
F. Report of Chief of Police.
G. Report of City Attorney.
H. Report and Communication by Mayor.
1. Introduction and Swearing in of new City of Waterloo Police Officer, Mr. Eric Zaber.
2. Presentation of Commendation to Donovan McBride.
3. Presentation of Commendation to the Waterloo High School FFA.
4. Presentation of Commendation to Tim McDermott.
5. Presentation of Commendation to Jenna Schwartz.
8. Report of Standing Committees.
9. Report of Special Committees.
10. Presentation of Communications, Petitions, Resolutions, Orders and Ordinances by Aldermen.
A. Consideration and Action on Ordinance No. 1733 Approving an Annexation Agreement Between the
City of Waterloo, IL and the Monroe County Fairgrounds Association for the Annexation of
Approximately 13.17 Acres of Property to the City of Waterloo, IL.
B. Consideration and Action on Ordinance No. 1734 Approving the Annexation and Zoning of
Approximately 13.17 Acres of Property, Located Adjacent to and North of Illinois State Route 156,
Owned by the Monroe County Fairgrounds Association to the City of Waterloo, IL.
11. Unfinished Business.
12. Miscellaneous Business.
A. Consideration and Action on Façade Grant for Mike and Lea Thomas at 121 South Main Street.
B. Consideration and Action on Façade Grant for Tannous Chiropractic at 121 North Main Street.
C. Consideration and Action on Special Event Permit Application from LifeChurch for a Car Wash to be
held at 400 Park Street; and, the Street Closure of Stiening Street from Park Street to Walnut Street; on
Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon.
D. Consideration and Action on Solicitation Request from the Rotary Club of Monroe County to Collect
Donations on Friday, August 11, 2017, 7:00 a.m. to 10 a.m., and Saturday, August 12, 2017, 7:00 a.m.
to noon, at the Intersections of Rogers & Hamacher Streets and Main & Mill Streets.
E. Consideration and Action on Special Event Permit Application from the Waterloo Optimist Club for
their Annual 5K Run and Fun Walk to be held on Saturday, August 26, 2017, beginning 6:30 a.m. at
Rogers Elementary School.
F. Consideration and Action on Purchase of a New 2017 Ford F350 with a Knapheide Service Body from
Morrow Bros. Ford in the State Bid Amount of $43,595.00 to Replace a 1996 Chevy 1-Ton Utility
Truck for the Gas Department.
G. Consideration and Action on Purchase of a New 2017 Ford F250 Pick-Up Truck from Landmark Ford
in the State Bid Amount of $28,935.00 to Replace a 1999 ¾ Ton Dodge Pick-Up Truck for the Power
13. Discussion of Matters by Council Members Arising After Agenda Deadline.
14. Motion to Adjourn.
Organizations in this Story
100 W 4th St
Waterloo, IL - 62298-1333