Alton City Council will meet August 23..
Alton City Council will meet Aug. 23.
Here is the agenda provided by the Council:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge to the Flag.
4. Reading of Proclamations.
5. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of August 9, 2017. (Place on File)
6. Communications: Illinois Department of Transportation, re: Parade Permit Greater Madison County Federation of Labor. (Place on File)
7. Report of Officers: Comptroller, re: Overtime Analysis for July, 2017; City Treasurer, re: Monthly Report for July, 2017; Alton Fire Department, re: Estimated Fire Loss for July, 2017; Alton Fire Department, re: Monthly Fire Damage Report to Assessor’s Office for July, 2017; Alton Fire Department, re: Largest Single Fire Loss for July, 2017. (Place on File)
8. Report of Standing Committee:
A. Committee of the Whole Meeting Report for August 21, 2017. (Place on File)
a. Resolution, re: Finance Committee Bills be allowed and payment be made.
b. Resolution, re: Dorothy Hummel, on behalf of the YWCA has requested that a portion of certain streets be closed on September 15, 2017, to facilitate the YWCA block party.
c. Resolution, re: That Maupin Street from 1500 Maupin to 1600 Maupin be closed on September 9, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to facilitate a church event.
d. Resolution, re: That Jarvis Swope and other appropriate city officials are hereby authorized and directed to sign on behalf of the City of Alton the any and all documents necessary to purchase necessary to purchase Microsoft Licenses from CDW Government as set forth in the attached quote.
e. Resolution, re: The City Council of the City of Alton, Illinois desires to update its City Code to pertaining to littering and that the attached ordinance be considered.
f. Resolution, re: Appropriate officials are hereby authorized to lease police vehicle pursuant to the terms of an Lease Agreement in substantially in the form as attached hereto and made a part hereof.
9. First Reading of Ordinances. (Mayor Pro Tem)
a. Ordinance No. 7582. An Ordinance amending Section 11(B) of Chapter 19 of Title 1 of the City Code pertaining to payment penalities on taxes. (Lay-Over)
10. Second Reading of Ordinances. (Mayor Pro Tem)
a. Ordinance No. 7581. An Ordinance granting a Special Use Permit to allow a grid tied ground mounted 3.84 kilowatt solar photovoltaic array at the property located at 2100 Fernwood Place, Alton, Illinois. (Adopt – Roll Call)
11. Reports and/or Resolutions of Special Committees.
a. Civil Service Commission, re: Minutes of August 4, 2017. (PLACE ON FILE)
b. Alton Plan Commission, re: Minutes of August 8, 2017. (PLACE ON FILE)
14. Approval of Actions Taken Under Suspension of Rules at Prior Meeting.
a. Resolution, re: That a portion of certain streets be closed on August 19, 2017, to facilitate the Market Street Community Block Party.
b. Resolution, re: That Logan Street, between State Street and the unnamed alley behind Johnson’s Corner be closed on August 19, 2017, for the Marquette High School Blue-Gray game.
15. Public Forum Addressing City Business.
16. Comments or Resolutions from the City Council.
17. Executive Session. (optional)
a. To consider information regarding appointment, employment or dismissal of an employee;
b. Collective negotiation matters; and
c. Litigation presently pending or matters where litigation is probable or imminent;