City of Troy City Council met August 7.
City of Troy City Council met August 7.
Here is the minutes provided by the Council:
1. Regular City Council Meeting-7:30 p.m.
A. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance:
The meeting was held in the Council Chambers in the City Municipal Building, 116 East Market Street, Troy, Illinois, 62294 and was called to order by Mayor Allen Adomite at 7:30 p.m.; immediately following was the Pledge of Allegiance.
B. Roll Call in Alphabetical Order: Present: Aldermen Nathan Henderson, Sam Italiano, Dan Jackson, Douglas Partney, Matthew Thompson, Troy Turner and Jeff Zarzecki. Other Officials Present: Mayor Allen Adomite, City Treasurer David Roady, Director of Public Works Rob Hancock, Building and Zoning Administrator Keith Frey, Assistant Chief of Police Brent Shownes, City Engineer Tom Cissell, City Attorney Fred Keck and City Clerk Jamie Myers.
C. Reading and Approval of Minutes:
July 17, 2017 City Council Meeting Minutes-
Motion: To Approve the July 17, 2017 City Council Meeting Minutes as Presented. Moved by Italiano; Seconded by Thompson. Vote: Motion passed (summary: Aye = 6, Nay = 0, Abstain = 1). Aye: Italiano, Jackson, Partney, Thompson, Turner and Zarzecki. Abstain: Henderson.
D. Communications, to be provided by the City Clerk:
City Clerk Myers had nothing to report.
E. Citizen Participation, limited to three (3) minutes per Person:
1. Brenda Stewardt, a resident at Taylor Lakes, asked about the status of the projects for Taylor Lake Estates. Mayor Adomite updated the council and citizens on the projects.
2. Connie Seneczyn, a resident at Taylor Lakes, asked about a lake owners’ association and project priority.
3. Grant Carruthers, a resident at Taylor Lakes, spoke about the lake owners’ association. He spoke about the lake needing dredged. A lake owners’ association meeting is scheduled for August 08, 2017 at 7p.m.
4. Jim DeCarli, a resident on Trout Lane, spoke about speeding and passing on Clay Street.
5. John Sanks, a resident on Turtle Creek, voiced his concern for unfinished projects in Turtle Creek.
F. Mayor’s Comments:
1. Appointment to the Vacancy in Office of Alderman-Ward III-
Motion: To Approve the Appointment of Bonnie Levo to Alderman Ward III. Moved by Italiano; Seconded by Jackson. Vote: Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote (summary: Aye = 7). Aye: Henderson, Italiano, Jackson, Partney, Thompson, Turner and Zarzecki.
2. Swearing in Ceremony for New Ward III Alderman-
Circuit Judge Barbara Crowder swore in Bonnie Levo as Alderman Ward III. Alderman Levo then took her seat on the council.
3. Appointment of Additional Green Team Member(s)
Motion: To Approve the Appointment of Kevin McKee to the Green Team. Moved by Zarzecki; Seconded by Turner. Vote: Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote (summary: Aye = 8). Aye: Henderson, Italiano, Jackson, Levo, Partney, Thompson, Turner and Zarzecki.
4. Public Hearing for Business District III-7:15 p.m., August 21, 2017-
Mayor Adomite reminded the council on the public hearing for Business District III on August 21, 2017 at 7:15 p.m.
5. Brad Smith Memorial 5K Run-8 a.m., September 09, 2017-
Mayor Adomite announced the Brad Smith Memorial 5K Run on September 9, 2017.
6. Update on 911 ConsolidationMayor
Adomite updated the council on the 911 Consolidation. Alderman Jackson asked about the fire department.
7. Update on Fair Oaks Drainage Grant Application-Heartlands Conservancy-
Mayor Adomite stated the city did inquire the easements successfully. City Engineer Cissell said the city did apply for the Heartlands Conservancy grant. Mayor Adomite updated the council concerning the grant from Madison County on Troy Road and Bouse Road.
8. Safewise-50 Safest Cities in Illinois-City of Troy #44
Mayor Adomite announced the City of Troy was ranked number 44 in the top 50 safest cities in Illinois from Safewise.
G. City Administrator & Attorney Comments:
1. City Administrator’s CommentsCity
Administrator Soland was absent.
2. City Attorney CommentsCity
Attorney Keck nothing to report.
H. Consent Agenda, including Administrative Reports and other items to be voted collectively with one roll call vote: None.
I. Administrative and Community Services Committee Report:
1. Planning Commission Meeting-7:30 pm, August 10, 2017-
Alderman Partney announced the planning commission meeting on August 10, 2017. They will continue reviewing the comprehensive plan.
2. Building and Zoning Administrator Report-
Building and Zoning Administrator Frew stated the Harvest Point subdivision is starting to install their sanitary sewer. He has received the improvement plans for Carrington Farms.
J. Finance and Economic Development Committee Report:
1. City Treasurer Report-
City Treasurer Roady had nothing to report.
K. Law Enforcement & Emergency Services Committee Report:
1. Chief of Police’s ReportAssistant
Chief of Police Shownes updated the council on the annual kickball tournament and other Special Olympic events. He said he will move Clay Street up on the rotation list.
L. Public Works Committee Report:
1. Invitation for Bids-Water Treatment Plant Improvements & Water Storage Tank and High Service Pumping Station-
Alderman Zarzecki announced the invitation for bids for the water treatment plant and water storage tank and high service pumping station has been released.
2. Results of Green Team Meeting-July 26, 2017
3. Green Team Meeting-7p.m., August 23, 2017-
Alderman Zarzecki reviewed the meeting on July 26, 2017 and announced the next meeting on August 23, 2017 at 7 p.m.
4. Approval of Lowest Bid for New Generators with K&F Electric Inc. for $50,111.00
Motion: To Approve the Lowest Bid for New Generators with K&F Electric, Inc. for $50,111.00. Moved by Zarzecki; Seconded by Turner. Vote: Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote (summary: Aye = 8). Aye: Henderson, Italiano, Jackson, Levo, Partney, Thompson, Turner and Zarzecki.
5. City Engineer ReportCity
Engineer Cissell stated he met with Director of Public Works Hancock to discuss the street maintenance program for the next two (2) years.
6. Public Works Department Schedule and Report-
7. Time for Director of Public Works-
Director of Public Works Hancock stated the McDonald Drive water line is delayed a few weeks due to the pipe manufacturer not having the pipe.
M. Reports of Special Committees (as needed): None.
N. Ordinances & Resolutions, called by City Clerk, with Citizen Participation limited to three (3) minutes per Person; None.
O. Closed Session (as needed): None.
P. Adjournment, no Later than 10:00 p.m.
Motion: To Adjourn the Meeting at 8:21 pm. Moved by Jackson; Seconded by Henderson. Vote: Motion carried by unanimous roll call vote (summary: Aye = 8). Aye: Henderson, Italiano, Jackson, Levo, Partney, Thompson, Turner and Zarzecki.
Organizations in this Story
116 E Market St
Troy, IL - 62294