City of Alton Community Relations Commission met November 1.
City of Alton Community Relations Commission met Nov. 1.
Here is the agenda provided by the Commission:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Previous Minutes
4. Mission Statement: Our mission is to foster and promote understanding, mutual respect, and cooperation among all citizens by:
• Implementing safe, welcoming spaces that provide residents with an equal opportunity to participate in the economic, educational, social, and cultural activities available in our community.
• Giving a voice to all members of the community.
• Identifying and proactively engaging opportunities for inclusion and social justice.
5. Reviewing and Adopting Calls to Action
• Connecting with Community Organizations:
- Upcoming: December — _____, January — _____
• Community Policing Strategic Plan updates
6. Upcoming Events/Updates
• Altonians of the Year
7. New/Other Business
• Quarterly Report
8. Comments from the Public
• A person desiring to address the Commission at any regular meeting shall be
limited to one five (5) minute presentation and the presiding officer of the meeting shall advise the person desiring to address the Commission of the time limitation and shall require strict compliance.