EAST ST. LOUIS SCHOOL DISTRICT 189: First day of School: August 16th
East St. Louis School District 189 recently issued the following announcement.
If your child is currently enrolled in School District 189, you do not have to re-register but you must provide updated contact and emergency information and updated immunization records. This can be completed during the summer at the Family and Community Engagement Center (401 Katherine Dunham Place) or at your student's school orientation in August. Updated information must be collected by Thursday, August 16th, the first day of school in 2018.
District 189 School Enrollment / Registration Application
Now enrolling NEW students at the Family and Community Engagement Center:
James E. Williams Center (Family and Community Engagement Center)
401 Katherine Dunham Place
East St. Louis, IL 62201
**Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 3:00pm**
Note: Kindergarteners must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018 to begin Kindergarten in District 189. School board policy does not allow for any exceptions to this date.
Kindergarten students who are not registered by August 1 may have a delay in bus transportation, so register early!
***DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION***
1. Child Identification: Original State Certified Birth Certificate
2. Parent Identification: Parent Photo ID (e.g. State ID, FOID Card or Driver's License)
3. Proof of Residency: (Only one per category)
- Property Deed in your name or recent Mortgage Statement (homeowners), OR
- Lease Agreement (signed and dated), OR
- Occupancy Permit, OR
- Voter's Registration Card
- Current Driver's License, OR
- State Medical Card, OR
- Most recent Utility Bills (Gas, Water, Electric, etc.)
- ISBE Student Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript
- Proof of 8th Grade Promotion (if entering 9th grade)
Forms are available here: School Enrollment Packet 2018
6. Special Education Paperwork (if applicable):
- Special Education Student Transfer Form
- Individualized Education Program (I.E.P.)
- Psychological Evaluation Report
- Notice of Recommended Educational Program
If you are living with someone who is a resident in School District 189, they will need to come in with you to register your child.
If you have custody of the student and are a resident of School District 189, you must bring proof of guardianship.
If you are renting in the School District 189 area and do not have a lease, a) your landlord must come with you to you verify your lease agreement and b) the landlord will need to bring proof of ownership of the property.
If your child does not have a number, please contact the Social Security Office at 1-800-772-1213. Under federal law, however, East St. Louis School District 189 will enroll your child even if he or she does not have a Social Security number.
East St. Louis School District 189 follows the mandates of the Illinois Department of Public Health with regards to required immunizations for our students.
Students entering preschool, kindergarten, sixth, and ninth grades, and new students to the district must present proof of the required state of Illinois physical examination and immunizations.
School Supply Lists
Please review the school supply lists and uniform information, organized by grade level and/or school.
Please review the 2018-2019 School Calendar for key information about when school is in session or on break.
Original source can be found here.