Village of Glen Carbon issued the following announcement on Oct. 8.
We would like to remind residents that Large Item Pick Up will take place next week, Oct. 14, thru Oct. 18, 2019 on residents regular trash day. The following items are accepted by Republic Services:
Items included in Bulk Pickup:
· Furniture ~ Couches, chairs, dressers, tables, bookshelves, desks, headboards, etc.
· Mattress sets.
· Large carpets (cut into bundles no longer than 4ft in length and 3” in diameter. Must be tied with string/twine.)
· Glass portions of doors, windows, etc. NOTE: These must be broken and placed into a small box marked “glass.”
· All nails/staples or anything sharp that is exposed must be removed to prevent injury to you and the collector.
· Basketball sets/poles: NOTE: These must be broken down/cut into 4ft. sections and no larger than 3” in diameter.
Items not included in Bulk Pickup:
· Construction debris of any kind ~ Shingles, drywall, vinyl siding, molding/trim, fencing, kitchen cabinets, etc.
· Loose trash or trash in cardboard boxes.
· Basketball sets/poles, unless they are broken down into 4ft. sections and no larger than 3” in diameter.
· Lead/oil based paint, varnish.
· Yard waste.
· Fluorescent light bulbs.
Remember: Any items that are not “stand alone” items must be contained in bags and can’t exceed 50 lbs. Items placed in cardboard boxes will not be picked up.
If you have a question regarding an item you want to dispose of, please contact our Customer Service Team 618-656-6883 .
Original source can be found here.