Alton Police and Fire Pension Board met Jan. 23.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
2. Public Comments
3. Minutes - Reading and approval of the minutes for the previous board meeting
a) Board Assistant Clerk, Jennifer Lando - $1,150.00 (monthly clerk); $6.59 (postage reimbursement for mailing Gordon’s Warrant); total $1,156.59;
b) Scheffel Boyle $1,850.00 (2017 annual police audit);
c) Lowery Asset Consulting $3,500.00 (4th Quarter, 2017);
d) Aon Consulting Inc. $1,000.00 (Police retirement fund - $20M analysis);
e) Dennis J. Orsey, P.C. $1,500.00 (quarterly retainer)
f) Royal Office Supply $92.54 (Police portion of costs for 1099 forms and envelopes)
6. Treasurer’s Report / Approve 2017 Benefit Payments (including 2018 COLA increases) - Cameo Foster
7. 10:30 A.M. Special Setting: Sean Robinson annual disability review administrative hearing.
8. Old Business
9. New Business
a) Review and discuss Tax Levy Ordinance regarding Municipal contributions to the Fund compared to Illinois Department of Insurance Actuarial Valuation Report and private Actuarial Report (AON).
b) Illinois Finance Entity update due February 28, 2018.
c) Discuss filing Economic Interest disclosure forms with County Clerk by May 1, 2018.
d) Discuss Trustee attendance at educational seminars to obtain required training hours and upcoming training events:
• Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts at the Sheraton Four
Points in Fairview Heights, Illinois, February 16 - 17, 2018.
• IPPFA 2018 Illinois Pension Conference at Embassy Suites by Hilton,
East Peoria, Illinois; May 1 - 4, 2018.
• IPPFA Regional Seminar at Lewis and Clark Community College, Edwardsville; Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
• 32 hour Certified Trustee Training at Lewis and Clark Community College, Edwardsville; August 21; September 18; October 16; and November 13, 2018.
• IPPFA Regional Seminar at John A. Logan Community College, Carterville; November 14, 2018
e) Discuss upcoming April election / May appointment for board members
• Michael Beaber, active / elected, term expires 4/30/2018;
• Seth Stinnett, active / elected, term expires 4/30/2018;
• Larry Brakeville, retired / elected, term expires 4/30/2018;
• Kirby Ontiz, appointed, term expires 5/9/2018.
f) Discuss Public Act 100-0542 regarding required disclosures by Investment Consultants and submission by Lowery Asset Consulting.
10. Application For Membership
a) Derek Daniel Vetter
b) Tyler James Lignoul
11. Application for Benefits
12. Investment Report - Lowery Asset Consulting
13. Next Regular Meeting Date (Tues., April 3, 2018 @ 10:00 A.M.) /