City of Alton City Council met Jan. 8.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. PLEDGE TO THE FLAG.
4. READING OF PROCLAMATIONS.
5. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF DECEMBER 18, 2019. (PLACE ON FILE)
6. COMMUNICATIONS: Madison County Clerk’s Office, Debra D. Ming-Mendoza, County Clerk, re: 2019 Levy Confirmation for Alton Township. (PLACE ON FILE)
7. REPORT OF OFFICERS: Department of Building and Zoning, re: Monthly Report of December, 2019; Department of Building and Zoning, re: Annual Report for 2019. (PLACE ON FILE)
8. REPORT OF STANDING COMMITTEE:
A. Committee of the Whole Meeting Report for January 6, 2020 and Special Meeting of Committee of the Whole Meeting Report for December 18, 2019. (PLACE ON FILE) (Elliott)
a. Resolution, re: Finance Committee bills be allowed and payment be made
b. Resolution, re: The public works director retained Justin Kleinschmidt of Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab Inc. to conduct an engineering assessment of the options for a permanent solution to the destabilizing retaining wall on Riverview Drive.
c. Resolution, re: That the attached Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan of the City of Alton, Illinois, expressed in the Fall 2019 update is hereby approved and adopted as the Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan of the City of Alton.
d. Resolution, re: 2020 MFT Maintenance Material Proposal.
9. FIRST READING OF ORDINANCES. (Mayor Pro Tem)
a. Ordinance No. 7741. An Ordinance repealing Ordinance No. 3922 and establishing two hour parking on Belle Street between 7th Street and 9th Street. (LAY-OVER)
10. REPORTS AND/OR RESOLUTIONS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES.
a. Civil Service Commission, re: Minutes of December 4, 2019. (PLACE ON FILE)
13. APPROVAL OF ACTIONS TAKEN UNDER SUSPENSION OF RULES AT PRIOR MEETING.
a. Ordinance No. 7738. An Ordinance partially abating the tax heretofore levied by Ordinance No. 7488 for the year 2019 to pay debt service on $8,750,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2016, as established by Ordinance No. 7488, of the City of Alton, Madison County, Illinois.
b. Ordinance No. 7737. An Ordinance establishing parking restrictions along the west side of the entire 1900 block of Marilla Street.
c. Resolution, re: The City Council of the City of Alton, Illinois has determined that it is necessary, appropriate, and convenient to dedicate certain city owned property to become public right-of-way for the purposes of the intersection improvements at the entrance to Gordon Moore Park and that the attached ordinance be considered.
d. Resolution, re: Dave Godar of Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab has prepared a Grant of Drainage Easement which he finds to be necessary and appropriate for construction related to the intersection at Gordon Moore Park and that the attached ordinance be considered.
e. Resolution, re: Dave Godar of Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab has prepared a temporary construction easement which he finds to be necessary and appropriate for construction related to the intersection at Gordon Moore Park and that the Mayor and appropriate officials are hereby authorized and directed to execute on behalf of the City of Alton the attached temporary construction easement and deliver same to engineer Dave Godar.
f. Ordinance No. 7739. An Ordinance dedicating city owned real estate as Public Right- of-Way.
g. Ordinance No. 7740. An Ordinance authorizing the execution and recording of a grant of drainage easement.
14. PUBLIC FORUM ADDRESSING CITY BUSINESS.
15. COMMENTS OR RESOLUTIONS FROM THE CITY COUNCIL.
16. EXECUTIVE SESSION. (optional)
a. To consider information regarding appointment, employment or dismissal of an employee;
b. Collective negotiation matters; and
c. Litigation presently pending or matters where litigation is probable or imminent. d. Other.