City of Alton Committee of the Whole met Jan. 21.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Laid Over Resolution, re: The public works director retained Justin Kleinschmidt of Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab Inc. to conduct an engineering assessment of the options for a permanent solution to the destabilizing retaining wall on Riverview Drive.
5. Resolution, re: That it be a matter of public record that the City of Alton supports and endorses the Great Rivers & Routes Tourism Bureau as the State Certified Bureau for the Alton Metroplex.
6. Resolution, re: That the following described street(s)/roads(s)/structure be improved under the Illinois Highway Code. State Street from 200 ft. south of Rozier St to City limits 300 ft. north of Delmar and Belle Street from State St. to south 260 ft.
7. Resolution, re: That the City Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to make payment from the Lucy Haskell Playhouse Committee Fund to: SnMWorks LLC in the amount of $240.00; George Alarm Company in the amount of $116.00 and the City of Alton Parks and Recreation Department in the amount of $701.00.
8. Resolution, re: That the City Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to make payment from the Alton Municipal Band Fund to Sign Magic in the amount of $125.00 and to the band members for the 2019 holiday concert in the amount of $2,250.00.
9. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 1923 Gross St.
10. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 3108 Hillcrest Ave.
11. Resolution, re: The Public Works Department has negotiated an agreement with The SNIP Alliance and Riverbend Pet Food Pantry sufficient to meet the desires of each party and that the Mayor and appropriate City officials are authorized and directed to sign the document on behalf of the City of Alton.
12. Resolution, re: Disputes concerning certain aspects of funds established by and between STO, LLC and the City of Alton have arisen with regard to the Golf Course Lease Agreement executed by the respective parties on May 13, 2014 and the parties have reached an agreement to resolve those disputes and that the attached ordinance be considered.
13. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2019 – 31, Asbestos Abatement at 2807 North Street, 1332 Monroe Street, 909 Rixon Street, 1407 Cyrus Street and 2724 Residence Street for the Building and Zoning Department.
14. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2020 - 02; Equipment Rental with Operator for Gordon Moore Park Site Improvements for the Public Works Department.
15. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2019 – 32, Demolition of 619 Brookside Avenue, 905 Gold Street, 1812 Ervay Avenue, 2709 & 2713 Viewland Avenue, and 1305 Harold Avenue for the Building and Zoning Department.