Alton Committee of the Whole approves street closures
The city of Alton Committee of the Whole met Sept. 26 to approve street closures for a neighborhood block party.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the committee:
CITY OF ALTON
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA
SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Laid Over Resolution, re: That the mayor is hereby authorized and directed to execute the
attached Intergovernmental Agreement between Madison County Mass Transit District
and the City of Alton regarding the Alton Regional Multi-Modal Transportation Center.
5. Resolution, re: That the Mayor and appropriate city officials are hereby authorized and
directed to execute any and all appropriate documents to extend the existing contract
between the City and EnviroLife Consulting LLC as requested by EnviroLife Consulting
LLC in their letter of July 21, 2016.
6. Resolution, re: That the City Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to make
payments from the Lucy Haskell Playhouse Committee Fund to: Barrett Heating &
Cooling Inc. in the amount of $412.00 and to George Alarm Co Inc. in the amount of
$243.59 pursuant to the minutes and invoices attached hereto.
7. Resolution, re: That the attached Ordinance pertaining to establishing a yield sign on
Muny Vista Drive at its intersection of Muny Vista Court be considered.
8. Resolution, re: Alderman Velloff has requested, that E. 15th Street from Henry Street to
Liberty Street be closed on Saturday, October 8, 2016 from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., to
facilitate a neighborhood block party.
9. Resolution, re: That permission to close off IL Route 140 from Washington Avenue to
the Broadway Connector and IL Route 67 from East Broadway to 9th Street on October
31, 2016 to East End Improvement Association who is sponsoring a Halloween Parade in
the City of Alton.
10. Resolution, re: That a public hearing be scheduled to allow comments and questions
concerning the proposed Transition Plan drafted by the officials of the City of Alton `
pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) on October 26, 2016 and
that the City Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to publish notice of said hearing.
11. Resolution, re: That the Comptroller, Mayor and appropriate other City Officials are
hereby authorized and directed to draw down on a line of credit with Liberty Bank so as
to provide necessary funds to purchase ambulances to be used by the Fire Department of
the City of Alton.
12. Resolution, re: That the Mayor and appropriate City officials are hereby authorized and
directed to execute and deliver to Bluff City Minerals, LLC a LANDLORD CONSENT
AND ESTOPPEL AGREEMENT in substantially the form as previously approved by the
City Council with regard to a prior borrowing.
*If prospective attendees require an interpreter or other access accommodations needs, please
contact the Alton City Clerk’s Office at 618-463-3522 no later than 48 hours prior to the
commencement of the meeting to arrange the accommodations.