CITY OF O'FALLON: Community Park Tennis Courts Closed for Resurfacing
City of O'Fallon issued the following announcement on May 29.
Beginning on May 29, 2019, the tennis courts at Community Park will be closed to the public. The closure is required so that the courts may be resurfaced. The tennis courts are expected to be reopened on June 8, 2019, weather dependent.
This resurfacing project is part of the $180,000 worth of updates as part of the O’Fallon Community Park Enhancement Project. We ask for your patience as we make these recreational improvements to one of our most used parks.
“Community Park is a wonderful park that is used by many in O’Fallon,” said Mayor Herb Roach. “These improvements will make it even more enjoyable for the entire community.”
The updates were made possible with matching grants from the Metro East Parks and Recreation District as well as St. Clair County Grants Commission. The updates include:
- New bleachers installed on Blazier Baseball Field
- Dugouts installed on fields #4 and #5.
- New ballfield fencing on fields #3 and #4.
- ADA pathway connecting Blazier field to the restrooms.
- Installation of a second batting cage near Field #6