City of Belleville Traffic Committee met August 14.
City of Belleville Traffic Committee met Aug. 14.
Here is the agenda provided by the Committee:
A. Call to Order / Roll call of members and staff
Ward 4 Alderman Raffi Ovian, Chairman Ward 2 Alderman Jane Pusa
Ward 3 Alderman Scott Tyler Ward 4 Alderman Johnnie Anthony
Ward 7 Alderman Phil Elmore
City Engineer Tim Gregowicz Officer Rob Rust, Police Dept.
B. Approval of July 10, 2018 minutes
C. Recognition of guest Alderman
D. Public Participation
(a) Members of the public may address the City council in accordance with Section 2.06(g) of the Illinois Open Meetings Act (5 ILCS 120/2.06(g).
(b) Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
(c) The subject of public comments shall be reasonably related to matter(s) identified on the meeting agenda and/or other City business.
(d) Repetitive public comments should be avoided, to the extent practical, through adoption of prior public comments (eg. agreeing with a prior speaker).
(e) The following conduct is prohibited during public participation:
۰ acting or appearing in a lewd or disgraceful manner;
۰using disparaging, obscene or insulting language;
۰ personal attacks impugning character and/or integrity;
۰disorderly conduct as defined in Section 30-1-2 of this Revised Code of Ordinances;
(f) Any speaker who engages in such prohibited conduct during public participation shall be called to order by the chair or ruling by the chair if a point of order is made by a sitting Alderman.
E. Old Business:
1. Extension of Guard Rail at Dutch Hollow Rd.
2. Request to Make Mt. Pleasant Ln. a One-Way Street When Turning Into Post Office
F. New Business:
1. Request for “No Parking” Sign at Entrance & Dead End of Alley Between Scheel St. & LaSalle St.
2. Consideration to Remove Parking Meters on North Side of Harrison from 2nd to 3rd St.
3. Request to Change the Stop Light at High St. & Washington St. into a Flashing Light
4. Request for a Stop Sign at Winterberry & Springwood Dr.
5. West Boulevard Traffic-Belleville East School Zone-Update of Last Meeting
G. Miscellaneous/Aldermanic Discussion