City of Alton Committee of the Whole met September 11.
City of Alton Committee of the Whole met Sept. 11.
Here is the agenda provided by the Committee:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Resolution, re: That Broadway between Langdon Street and Alton Street be closed beginning September 16, 2017 to facilitate the Mississippi Earthtones Festival sponsored by Alton Main Street.
5. Resolution, re: That the Redevelopment Agreement between the City of Alton, Illinois and The Brown Bag Bistrow, LLC be amended in Section II A so as to change the potential funds provided to the developer in “Redevelopment Assistance” from $25,000.00 or 25% of the total eligible project costs for the redevelopment project, whichever is the lessor amount to $50,000.00 or 25% of the total eligible project costs for the redevelopment project, whichever is the lessor amount as shown on the attached Redevelopment Agreement due to the expanded scope of the project and the developers costs related thereto.
6. Resolution, re: St. Mary’s Catholic Church has requested, that 3rd Street between Langdon Street and Henry Street and Langdon Street between 3rd and 4th Streets be closed beginning October 6, 2017 until October 8, 2017 to facilitate St. Mary’s Oktoberfest.
7. Resolution, re: That the Corporation Counselor be directed to develop an ordinance to establish a new Commission to be known as the Haskell House Children’s Museum with a Board of nine members to be appointed by the Mayor subject to approval by the City Council with the purpose of creating and funding a children’s museum in the Haskell House on Henry Street in the City of Alton.
8. Resolution, re: East End is sponsoring a Halloween Parade in the City of Alton which constitutes a public purpose and this Halloween Parade will require the temporary closure of IL Route 140 and IL Route 67, a State Highway in the City of Alton from Main Street to Piasa Street (IL Route 140) and from 9th Street to Henry Street (IL Route 67) on October 31, 2017.
9. Resolution, re: That the attached Fiscal Year 2017 budget allocation of Community Development Block Grant funding be hereby approved.
10. Resolution, re: The Fire Chief has requested that the private ambulance providers operating within the City of Alton shall be required to maintain only one ambulance in operation at all hours of every day rather than two ambulances and that the attached ordinance be considered.
11. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2017 – 15, Asbestos Abatement at 701 Sering Avenue for the Building and Zoning Department.
12. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2017 – 16; Demolition of 2105 Locust, 307 Brookside & 1127 Highland for the Building and Zoning Department.
13. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2017 – 17, Contract for Asbestos Surveys for the Building and Zoning Department.