City of Alton City Council will meet January 9
City of Alton City Council will meet on January 9.
Here is the agenda as provided by the council:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge to the Flag.
4. Reading of Proclamations.
5. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of December 19, 2018. (PLACE ON FILE)
6. Report of Officers: Alton Fire Department, re: Monthly Fire Damage Report to Assessor’s Office for December, 2018; Alton Fire Department, re: Estimated Fire Loss for December, 2018; Alton Fire Department, re: Largest Single Fire Loss for December, 2018. (PLACE ON FILE)
7. Report of Standing Committee:
A. Committee of the Whole Meeting Report for January 7, 2019. (Place on File) (Smith)
a. Resolution, re: Finance Committee Bills be allowed and payment be made.
b. Resolution, re: That the attached Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan of the City of Alton, Illinois, expressed in the Fall 2018 update is hereby approved and adopted as the Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan of the City of Alton.
c. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 406 Vine St.
d. Resolution, re: That officials of the Dept. of Planning & Development are hereby authorized and directed to accept transfer of real property commonly known as 1107 Long Ave.
e. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 2931 Werges.
f. Resolution, re: Bid #2018 – 26; Demolition of 1620 Worden Avenue & 3303 Hillcrest Avenue for the Building and Zoning Department.
g. Resolution, re: 2019 MFT Maintenance Program (Alton MFT Section 19-00000-00-GM).
8. Reports and/or Resolutions of Special Committees.
a. Civil Service Commission, re: Minutes of November 21, 2018; Minutes of December 19, 2018; Civil Service Commission, re: 2018 Annual Report. (PLACE ON FILE)
11. Approval of Actions Taken Under Suspension of Rules at Prior Meeting.
a. Ordinance No. 7677. An Ordinance amending the Traffic Code of the City of Alton, Illinois, to establish stop signs on Angle Street at the intersection of Belleview Avenue and Foulds Avenue.
b. Ordinance No. 7678. An Ordinance amending Section 6 of Chapter 9 of Title 1 of the City Code of the City of Alton pertaining to the appointment of appointed officers.
c. Ordinance No. 7679. An Ordinance approving an Annexation Agreement between the City of Alton and Larry Manns.
d. Ordinance No. 7680. An Ordinance annexing approximately 286 Acres to the City of Alton, Madison County, Illinois.
e. Ordinance No. 7681. An Ordinance approving advance payment from Illinois American Water.
12. Public Forum Addressing City Business.
13. Comments or Resolutions from the City Council.
14. Executive Session. (optional)
a. To consider information regarding appointment, employment or dismissal of an employee;
b. Collective negotiation matters; and
c. Litigation presently pending or matters where litigation is probable or imminent;