City of Alton Committee of the Whole met Oct. 7.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 269 Madison Ave.
5. Resolution, re: That the attached Ordinance amending the number of Class D liquor licenses be considered.
6. Resolution, re: The Civil Service Commission has recommended modifications to the rules of the Civil Service Commission and that the attached ordinance be considered.
7. Resolution, re: The public works director retained Justin Kleinschmidt of Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab Inc. to conduct an engineering assessment of the options for a permanent solution to the destabilizing retaining wall on Riverview Drive and Justin Kleinschmidt has prepared a study of various options to be considered by the city for a permanent solutions to the destabilizing retaining wall on Riverview Drive and that the Comptroller, in association with Justin Kleinschmidt, solicit bids to complete the project described as Option No. ________ as outlined in the attached report from Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab Inc. and the Comptroller shall report the bids received along with a recommendation from Justin Kleinschmidt to the City Council for further action.
8. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 1613 Joesting Ave.
9. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 1321 Central Ave.
10. Resolution, re: That the City Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to make payment from the Western Military Academy Memorial Site Fund Professional Landscaping in the amount of $1,875.00 and Godfrey Stump Removal in the amount of $700.00 pursuant to the minutes and invoice attached.
11. Resolution, re: Bluff City Mineral, LLC and the City of Alton desire to extend said lease and that the attached ordinance be considered.
12. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2019 – 27; Demolition of 1925 Gross Street and 2487 Johnson Street for the Building and Zoning Department.