City of Alton Committee of the Whole met Nov. 25.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Audit of Accounts.
4. Laid Over Resolution, re: The Civil Service Commission has recommended modifications to the rules of the Civil Service Commission and that the attached ordinance be considered.
5. Laid Over Resolution, re: The public works director retained Justin Kleinschmidt of Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab Inc. to conduct an engineering assessment of the options for a permanent solution to the destabilizing retaining wall on Riverview Drive and Justin Kleinschmidt has prepared a study of various options to be considered by the city for a permanent solutions to the destabilizing retaining wall on Riverview Drive and that the Comptroller, in association with Justin Kleinschmidt, solicit bids to complete the project described as Option No. ____as outlined in the attached report from Sheppard Morgan and Schwaab Inc. and the Comptroller shall report the bids received along with a recommendation from Justin Kleinschmidt to the City Council for further action.
6. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 728 Alby St.
7. Resolution, re: That a tax levy ordinance be considered for the fiscal year commencing on the first day of April 2019 and ending on the 31st day of March 2020 in an amount recommended by the City Comptroller.
8. Resolution, re: That the attached Ordinance pertaining to establishing a no parking zone in front of 615 Forest be considered.
9. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 614 Ridge St.
10. Resolution, re: That a public hearing be scheduled to allow comments and questions concerning the proposed Transition Plan drafted by the officials of the City of Alton pursuant to Title II of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
11. Resolution, re: To commence with demolition proceedings concerning 2510 Maxey St. 12. Resolution, re: That the City Treasurer is hereby authorized and directed to make payment from the Oriental Garden Fund to Peggy Tavernier in the amount of $1,340.77 and to Joan Sheppard in the amount of $1,500.00 pursuant to the minutes and invoices.
13. Resolution, re: That the Public Works Director is authorized to dispose of or scrap 2006 l and d Trailers Inc, trailer #5-073T used by PACUP right-of-way mowing crews.
14. Bid Report and Resolution, re: Bid #2019 – 30; Demolition of 1317 & 1321 Pearl Street, 615 Sering Avenue, 1720 Maupin Street, 3410 California Avenue, 616 Anderson Street, and 928 Hawley Avenue for the Building and Zoning Department.